Photo by Elora Allen on Unsplash
We may be weeks away from the first day of fall, but the dollar store has already gone into full-on Halloween mode and Starbucks is pumping out pumpkin spice lattes faster than you can say “cornucopia.” Transitioning your home decor from summer to fall is a festive way to welcome the new season. Here are five tips to create a cozier home just in time for cooler weather.
1. First, do a sweep of your home for any decor items that scream “summer.” Think tropical motifs, bright colours and flowy fabrics.
2. Refresh your textiles, focusing on bed linens, hand towels, throw blankets and dishcloths. The more texture, the better!
3. Make simple swaps like updating your throw pillows, scented candles, floral arrangements or vignettes.
4. Reorganize your entryway for back-to-school. Add hooks for backpacks and coats, change up the seasonal accessories you hang by the door, and throw in some fall decor accents.
5. As the days get shorter, bring in more light. Invest in a new floor lamp, bedside sconces or a decorative table lamp. You might also consider replacing your switches with dimmers to create a cozier atmosphere.